Jump to Main Content
- Soares, Manoel do Carmo Pereira, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Parasitology international 2019 v.70 pp. 46-50
- Cestoda; Molossus; frugivores; genes; histopathology; hosts; larvae; liver; phylogeny; ribosomal DNA; tapeworms; Amazonia; Brazil
- ... We describe a case of microscopic liver lesion caused by larval cestode in a frugivorous bat (Molossus molossus) from the Western Brazilian Amazon. Histopathological analysis of liver indicated the occurrence of metacestode associated with multifocal histiocytic response and the phylogenetic analysis of Cox-I and 18S rDNA genes indicated that the parasite belonged to the family Paruterinidae. This ...
- Soares, Manoel do Carmo Pereira, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Comparative immunology, microbiology, and infectious diseases 2012 v.35 no.5 pp. 477-485
- Orthohepevirus A; human diseases; immunoglobulin G; immunoglobulin M; hepatitis; blood serum; humans; liver; phylogeny; viruses; genotype; RNA; mixed infection; adults; swine; Amazonia; Brazil
- ... Hepatitis E virus (HEV) is a fecal-orally transmitted member of the genus Hepevirus that causes acute hepatitis in humans and is widely distributed throughout the world. Pigs have been reported as the main source of genotypes 3 and 4 infection to humans in non-endemic areas. To investigate HEV infection in pigs from different regions of Pará state (Eastern Brazilian Amazon), we performed serologic ...