Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Ruci, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- The plant journal 2017 v.91 no.1 pp. 85-96
- Arabidopsis; culms; gene expression regulation; genes; genetic analysis; gibberellins; homeostasis; meristems; mutants; plant architecture; plant height; point mutation; rice; transcriptomics; transgenic plants
- ... The culm development of rice is characterized by elongation and medullary cavity (MC) formation, which are determined by node formation meristem and residual meristem, respectively. Although many factors have been shown to affect culm elongation, molecules involved in MC formation remained to be identified. In this study, we show that a point mutation in SHORT and SOLID CULM (SSC), the rice homolo ...
- Wang, Ruci, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- The plant journal 2016 v.88 no.4 pp. 620-632
- 1,3-beta-glucan synthase; Arabidopsis; alternative splicing; beta-glucans; callose; cell differentiation; cell walls; endosperm; iodine; molecular cloning; mutants; pericarp; permeability; plant organs; plant ovary; plasmodesmata; point mutation; rice; seed development; staining; starch granules; transgenic plants; vascular bundles; vascular tissues
- ... The ovary of rice undergoes rapid expansion immediately after fertilization, and this process determines the final sink strength potential of caryopses. To date, work on rice grain development has mainly focused on endosperm filling, whereas information on the essential elements for ovary expansion remains limited. We report here a functional analysis of the ovary expansion retarded mutant crr1 in ...