Jump to Main Content
- Yao, Wenkong, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Phytochemistry 2019 v.159 pp. 137-147
- (S)-2-hydroxy-acid oxidase; Arabidopsis; Vitis vinifera; biosynthesis; chloroplasts; gene overexpression; grapes; hydrogen peroxide; irradiation; leaves; mesophyll; phenotype; phytoalexins; protoplasts; roots; stilbenes; transgenic plants; trihydroxystilbene synthase; ultraviolet radiation
- ... Stilbene phytoalexins derived from grapevine can be rapidly accumulated when exposed to an artificial UV-C treatment. However, the underlying mechanisms involved in this accumulation and translocation are unclear. Here, we describe an investigation of the influence of UV-C treatment on the dynamic subcellular distribution of a member of a stilbene synthase family VpSTS29 derived from Chinese wild ...
- Yao, Wenkong, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Plant, cell and environment 2019 v.42 no.11 pp. 2979-2998
- Arabidopsis; Golovinomyces; Uncinula necator; Vitis vinifera; fungi; gene expression; genes; hypersensitive response; mesophyll; mycelium; pathogens; phytoalexins; plant response; powdery mildew; resveratrol; root tips; salicylic acid; transcription factors; transcriptomics; transgenic plants; trihydroxystilbene synthase; vascular bundles
- ... Accumulation of stilbene phytoalexins stimulates resistance mechanisms against the grapevine fungus Uncinula necator. However, the defensive mechanisms triggered by stilbene synthase (STS) genes, remain largely unknown. Here, we report the function and molecular mechanism of the stilbene synthase gene VpSTS29/STS2 from Vitis pseudoreticulata in the regulation of plant responses to powdery mildew. ...
- Yao, Wenkong, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Planta 2013 v.237 no.1 pp. 293-303
- Arabidopsis; Vitis vinifera; disease resistance; gene expression; genotype; grapes; heat stress; heat treatment; ligases; pathogens; phenotype; plant response; powdery mildew; promoter regions; proteins
- ... RING-finger proteins (RFP) function as ubiquitin ligases and play key roles in plant responses to biotic and abiotic stresses. However, little information is available on the regulation of RFP expression. Here, we isolate and characterize the RFP promoter sequence from the disease-resistant Chinese wild grape Vitis pseudoreticulata accession Baihe-35-1. Promoter-GUS fusion assays revealed that def ...