Jump to Main Content
- Huang, Conglin, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Plant science 2011 v.181 no.1 pp. 57-64
- Arabidopsis thaliana; affinity chromatography; calcium; cold; cold stress; mutants; protein kinases; proteins
- ... The family of calcineurin B-like (CBL) proteins is a unique group of Ca²⁺ sensors in plants. CBLs relay the calcium signal by interacting with and regulating the family of CBL-interacting protein kinases (CIPKs). Extensive studies have demonstrated that the CBL–CIPK complexes mediate plant responses to a variety of external stresses. However, there are few reports on the CBL–CIPK involved in cold ...
- Huang, Conglin, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Plant physiology 2012 v.159 no.2 pp. 671-681
- Arabidopsis thaliana; Zea mays; antioxidants; coleoptiles; corn; cysteine; gene expression; glutathione transferase; metabolism; mutation; oxidants; prediction; protein-tyrosine-phosphatase; protoplasts; sulfhydryl groups
- ... Protein tyrosine phosphatases (PTPases) have long been thought to be activated by reductants and deactivated by oxidants, owing to the presence of a crucial sulfhydryl group in their catalytic centers. In this article, we report the purification and characterization of Reductant-Inhibited PTPase1 (ZmRIP1) from maize (Zea mays) coleoptiles, and show that this PTPase has a unique mode of redox regul ...
- PubMed Central: