Jump to Main Content
- Vicient, Carlos M., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Plant methods 2017 v.13 no.1 pp. 31
- Arabidopsis thaliana; genetics; longevity; models; molecular biology; mutants; scanning electron microscopy; seed coat; seed germination; seedlings; seeds; temperature; ultrasonic treatment; ultrasonics
- ... BACKGROUND: Arabidopsis thaliana is widely used as model organism in plant biology. Although not of agronomic significance, it offers important advantages for basic research in genetics and molecular biology including the availability of a large number of mutants and genetically modified lines. However, Arabidopsis seed longevity is limited and seeds stored for more than 10 years usually show a ve ...
- PubMed Central:
- Vicient, Carlos M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Plant science 2013 v.207 pp. 140-147
- Arabidopsis thaliana; auxins; corn; endosperm; enzymatic hydrolysis; epithelial cells; epithelium; genes; germination; peptide transporters; peptides; storage proteins
- ... In plants, peptide transporter/nitrate transporter 1 (PTR/NRT1) family proteins transport a variety of substrates such as nitrate, di- and tripepetides, auxin and carboxylates across membranes. We isolated and characterized ZmPTR1, a maize member of this family. ZmPTR1 protein sequence is highly homologous to the previously characterized di- and tripeptide Arabidopsis transporters AtPTR2, AtPTR4 a ...