Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: maria?
- Bó María S., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of raptor research 2015 v.49 no.4 pp. 479-485
- Athene cunicularia; arms (limbs); blood sampling; body size; claws; color; females; geographical variation; males; plumage; sex determination; sexual dimorphism; tail; Argentina; Caribbean; North America
- ... We studied body size and sexual dimorphism in the southernmost subspecies of the Burrowing Owl (Athene cunicularia cunicularia) at the Pampas of Argentina, and we compared our data with those from other subspecies in the Americas. A total of 58 individuals were captured and their coloration pattern (plumage and bare parts), body linear measurements (wing chord, standard tail length, tarsus length ...
- Bó María S., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Acta ornithologica 2016 v.51 no.2 pp. 137-150
- Athene cunicularia; birds of prey; cropland; dunes; habitat preferences; habitats; indigenous species; land cover; land use; landscapes; linear models; nesting sites; probability; remote sensing; surveys; Argentina
- ... Human-induced habitat changes have been typically linked to negative effects on native species, but an increasing number of studies show that many species are unaffected by these changes or even benefited from them. The Burrowing Owl Athene cunicularia is a raptor species that has deserved special attention in recent years due to its capacity to live in a variety of natural and modified habitats. ...