Jump to Main Content
- Craig, María Isabel, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Avian pathology 2019 v.48 no.3 pp. 270-277
- Infectious bronchitis virus; RNA; birds; flocks; genetic analysis; genetic variation; genome; monitoring; mutation; phylogeny; poultry industry; serotypes; vaccination; vaccines; viruses; Argentina; Brazil; Chile; Colombia; Peru; Uruguay
- ... Infectious bronchitis virus (IBV) is a persistent sanitary problem for the South American poultry industry despite extensive vaccination. The IBV single-stranded RNA genome has high rates of mutation and recombination that generate a notorious virus variability. Since most IBV vaccines are type-specific, there is a need for constant surveillance of the circulating lineages and knowledge about thei ...
- Craig, Maria Isabel, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Avian pathology 2009 v.38 no.2 pp. 149-153
- broiler chickens; vertebrate viruses; laying hens; serotypes; geographical variation; vaccines; strain differences; infectious bronchitis; phylogeny; amino acid sequences; disease outbreaks; molecular systematics; Infectious bronchitis virus; nucleotide sequences; genetic variation; microbial genetics; signs and symptoms (animals and humans); Argentina
- ... Twenty infectious bronchitis virus isolates were recovered from broilers and layers in different outbreaks amongst commercial poultry flocks in different geographic regions of Argentina from 2001 to 2008. The viruses were isolated from the tracheas, lungs, and caecal tonsils of birds that were showing respiratory signs. Further analysis based on their nucleotide and amino acid sequences in hyperva ...
- Craig, Mariá Isabel, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- horses; horse diseases; abortion (animals); Herpesviridae; fetus; lungs; viral diseases of animals and humans; tissue analysis; animal tissues; disease diagnosis; Argentina
- ... This study describes the isolation of equine herpesvirus–2 (EHV-2) from the lung of an aborted equine fetus in Argentina. The isolated virus was confirmed as EHV-2 by indirect immunofluorescence using a rabbit anti–EHV-2 polyclonal antiserum and by virus-neutralization test using an equine polyclonal antibody against EHV-2. Restriction endonuclease DNA fingerprinting with BamHI also confirmed the ...