Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: smart?
- Swart, W.J., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Crop protection 2008 v.27 no.7 pp. 1052-1060
- Agapanthus africanus; plant extracts; antifungal properties; phytotoxicity; plant pathogenic fungi; Mycosphaerella pinodes; Pythium ultimum; Fusarium oxysporum; Alternaria alternata; Ascochyta; blight; disease control; peas; greenhouse experimentation; field experimentation; South Africa
- ... Crude extracts of various Agapanthus africanus plant parts were screened in vitro against eight economically important plant pathogenic fungi. Radial mycelial growth was inhibited significantly (P<0.05) in five test organisms, while Pythium ultimum, and to a lesser extent Fusarium oxysporum and Alternaria alternata, showed a degree of tolerance. Subsequently, these crude extracts were tested in vi ...
- Swart, W.J., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Acta horticulturae 2002 no.581 pp. 239-245
- Trichoderma; entomopathogenic fungi; necrosis; insect vectors; Candida; Penicillium; Ascochyta; Hanseniaspora; Mucor; vinegars; industry; plant rots; Fusarium sporotrichioides; Erwinia; Drosophila; Alternaria tenuissima; container-grown plants; yeasts; cactus pears; Neonectria; cladodes; Rhizopus; Opuntia ficus-indica; Paecilomyces; Aureobasidium; Pichia kluyveri; bacteria; South Africa; Algeria
- ... The first systematic investigation of cactus pear (Opuntia ficus-indica) diseases in South Africa has revealed numerous species of fungi associated with the plant. A study of the epiphytic mycoflora of the fruit revealed 10 fungal genera isolated from the areole and skin of unsterilized fruit. Post-harvest rot of fruit, especially the popular red-fruited cultivar Algeria, was associated with Rhizo ...