Jump to Main Content
- Arasu, Mariadhas Valan; Kim, Da Hye; Kim, Pyoung Il; Jung, Min Woong; Ilavenil, Soundarrajan; Jane, Mariamichael; Lee, Kyung Dong; Al-Dhabi, Naif Abdullah; Choi, Ki Choon
- Annals of microbiology 2014 v.64 no.3 pp. 1333-1346
- Aspergillus niger; ribosomal RNA; 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Lactobacillus plantarum; Lactobacillus pentosus; Aspergillus fumigatus; hydrophobicity; spectral analysis; Penicillium roquefortii; Aspergillus oryzae; risk; duodenum; Aspergillus clavatus; Fusarium verticillioides; fermented foods; hydrogen peroxide; stomach; ethyl acetate; Penicillium chrysogenum; antifungal properties; functional foods; leaves; sequence analysis; spoilage; humans; minimum inhibitory concentration; Lactobacillus sakei; antioxidant activity; culture media; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; hydroxyl radicals; Lactobacillus graminis; lactic acid bacteria; Lactobacillus paraplantarum; Curvularia lunata; Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. mesenteroides; probiotics; nucleotide sequences; fungi
- ... This study aimed to describe the diversity of antifungal lactic acid bacteria (LAB) in popular traditional Korean fermented food. A total of 22 LAB strains was selected and subjected to a monophasic identical approach using 16S rRNA gene sequence analysis. Antifungal LAB associated with fermented food was identified as Lactobacillus plantarum (9), Lactobacillus graminis (5), Lactobacillus pentosus ...
- Littlejohn, Karen A.; Hooley, Paul; Cox, Phil W.
- Food hydrocolloids 2012 v.27 no.2 pp. 503-516
- Aspergillus oryzae; proteins; foods; Aspergillus nidulans; Aspergillus clavatus; Aspergillus niger; computers; production technology; bioinformatics; amino acid sequences; air; food production; solubility; databases; Aspergillus terreus; fungi
- ... Hydrophobins, small, amphipathic proteins found only in filamentous fungi, have the ability to form elastic layers at air/water or oil/water interfaces. To identify potentially useful hydrophobins for technological applications, a bioinformatics approach has been employed. The methodology used is not only useful for the identification of hydrophobins but, can be used for the identification of othe ...
- Morya, Vivek Kumar; Yadav, Sangeeta; Kim, Eun-Ki; Yadav, Dinesh
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2012 v.166 no.1 pp. 243-257
- Aspergillus clavatus; Aspergillus fumigatus; Aspergillus niger; Aspergillus oryzae; amino acid sequences; amino acids; phylogeny; sequence alignment; serine proteinases
- ... A total of 49 protein sequences of alkaline proteases retrieved from GenBank representing different species of Aspergillus have been characterized for various physiochemical properties, homology search, multiple sequence alignment, motif, and super family search and phylogenetic tree construction. The sequence level homology was obtained among different groups of alkaline protease enzymes, viz alk ...