Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: silva?
- Resnik, Silvia Liliana, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food control 2016 v.60 pp. 533-537
- Aspergillus flavus; Citrus; aflatoxin B1; aflatoxin B2; byproducts; flavanones; hesperidin; industry; naringin; profitability; response surface methodology
- ... The aim of this study was to analyze the possible utilization of flavanones obtained as by-products of the citrus industry, naringin (NAR), hesperidin (HES) and neohesperidin (NEO), to inhibit the production of aflatoxins (AFs) from Aspergillus flavus. Response Surface Methodology (RSM) was applied to optimize experimental conditions in terms of the different flavanones concentrations used. Throug ...
- Ruiz-Velasco, Silvia, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food and chemical toxicology 2019 v.124 pp. 128-138
- Aspergillus flavus; Aspergillus nomius; Aspergillus parasiticus; aflatoxin B1; aflatoxin B2; aflatoxin G1; aflatoxin G2; aflatoxin M1; aflatoxin M2; carcinogens; death; food contamination; fungi; hemorrhage; hepatitis; humans; hydroxylation; industrialization; kwashiorkor; liver; milk; neoplasms; pasta filata cheese; risk; risk assessment; secondary metabolites; toxicity; vomiting; Mexico
- ... Aflatoxins (AFs) are toxic secondary metabolites of the fungi Aspergillus flavus, A. parasiticus and A. nomius. The fungi produce these AFs in cereals, oilseeds and spices. AFs have damaging effects on all organisms, including humans, and their symptoms can be classified as acute (vomiting, hemorrhage and death) or chronic (immunodepression, Reye syndrome, Kwashiorkor, teratogenesis, hepatitis, ci ...