Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: tracy?
- Sutton, Tracey, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Molecular phylogenetics and evolution 2016 v.104 pp. 73-82
- Coryphaenoides; biogeography; habitat preferences; marine fish; oceans; phylogeny; species diversity; taxonomic revisions; Atlantic Ocean; Pacific Ocean
- ... Here we consider the role of depth as a driver of evolution in a genus of deep-sea fishes. We provide a phylogeny for the genus Coryphaenoides (Gadiformes: Macrouridae) that represents the breadth of habitat use and distributions for these species. In our consensus phylogeny species found at abyssal depths (>4000m) form a well-supported lineage, which interestingly also includes two non-abyssal sp ...
- Sutton, Tracey T., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of experimental marine biology and ecology 2014 v.458 pp. 46-56
- Carangidae; Gulf Stream; Monacanthidae; Sargassum; biomass; excretion; fish; juveniles; nutrients; oceanography; phosphorus; Atlantic Ocean; Caribbean Sea; Florida; Gulf of Mexico; Sargasso Sea
- ... The sustained biomass of pelagic Sargassum in nutrient-poor waters of the Sargasso Sea has long been a paradox in biological oceanography. To better understand the mechanisms supporting growth of Sargassum over its broad geographic range in the western North Atlantic, we measured growth rate, gross productivity, and C:N:P ratios of both Sargassum natans and Sargassum fluitans from a variety of ner ...
- Sutton, Tracey, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Progress in oceanography 2015 v.138 pp. 105-115
- biogeography; nekton; oceans; zooplankton; Arctic region; Atlantic Ocean
- ... Broad-scale patterns in the distribution of deep-sea pelagic species and communities are poorly known. An important question is whether biogeographic boundaries identified from surface features are important in the deep mesopelagic and bathypelagic. We present community analyses of discrete-depth samples of mesozooplankton and micronekton to full-ocean depth collected in the area where the Mid-Atl ...