Jump to Main Content
- Jaspers, Veerle L.B., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2014 v.472 pp. 454-462
- Tyto alba; birds of prey; early warning systems; environmental health; feathers; flame retardants; food chain; liver; molting; muscles; pollution; polybrominated diphenyl ethers; preening; tail; tissues; urbanization; uropygial gland; Belgium; France; Netherlands
- ... The present study investigated the current-use brominated flame retardants (BFRs) tetrabromobisphenol A (TBBPA) and hexabromocyclododecane (HBCD), simultaneously with legacy polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs), in Barn Owls (Tyto alba) collected from two regions with a contrasting degree of urbanisation and vicinity to point sources (Flanders in Belgium versus Normandy in France). Both tissues ...
- Jaspers, Veerle L.B., et al. Show all 22 Authors
- Environment international 2013 v.51 pp. 141-149
- DDT (pesticide); Sturnus vulgaris; birds; eggs; hexachlorobenzene; humans; monitoring; polybrominated diphenyl ethers; polychlorinated biphenyls; Australasian region; Australia; Belgium; Canada; France; New Zealand; Spain; United States
- ... Large-scale international monitoring studies are important to assess emission patterns and environmental distributions of organohalogenated contaminants (OHCs) on a worldwide scale. In this study, the presence of OHCs was investigated on three continents (Europe, North America and Australasia), using eggs of starlings (Sturnus vulgaris and Sturnus unicolor) to assess their suitability for large-sc ...