Jump to Main Content
- Sulata Kar; Papia Das; Uma Das; Maibam Bimola; Devashish Kar; Gautam Aditya
- Limnological review 2018 v.18 no.1 pp. 9-19
- Brachionus; Cladocera; Mesocyclops; Ostracoda; alkalinity; calcium; cluster analysis; community structure; correspondence analysis; environmental management; food webs; freshwater; habitats; hardness; magnesium; monitoring; phosphates; turbidity; water quality; water temperature; wetlands; zooplankton; India
- ... The zooplankton assemblage of selected wetlands of Assam, India was assessed to deduce the structural variation in the context of water quality parameters. A two year study between 2012 and 2014 comprising of 530 samples from the five wetlands revealed the presence of 46 taxa, 26 Rotifera, 15 Cladocera, 4 Copepoda and 1 Ostracoda, in varying density. The rotifers dominated in terms of abundance (4 ...
- Arora, Jyoti; Mehra, N. K.
- Hydrobiologia 2009 v.626 no.1 pp. 27-40
- nutrient content; cations; watersheds; seasonal variation; Microcystis aeruginosa; groundwater; biochemical oxygen demand; zooplankton; interspecific variation; lakes; Mesocyclops; multivariate analysis; surface water; water quality; community structure; species diversity; chemical oxygen demand; Brachionus; silicates; physicochemical properties; environmental factors; rain; nitrates; India
- ... Old Fort Lake, a small (1.6 ha), shallow, and recreational water body in Delhi (India) was studied through monthly surveys in two consecutive years (January, 2000-December, 2001). Precipitation is the major source of water for this closed basin lake. In addition, ground water is used for replenishing the lake regularly. This alkaline, hyposaline hard water lake contains very high ionic concentrati ...