Jump to Main Content
- Arora, Jyoti; Mehra, N. K.
- Hydrobiologia 2009 v.626 no.1 pp. 27-40
- nutrient content; cations; watersheds; seasonal variation; Microcystis aeruginosa; groundwater; biochemical oxygen demand; zooplankton; interspecific variation; lakes; Mesocyclops; multivariate analysis; surface water; water quality; community structure; species diversity; chemical oxygen demand; Brachionus; silicates; physicochemical properties; environmental factors; rain; nitrates; India
- ... Old Fort Lake, a small (1.6 ha), shallow, and recreational water body in Delhi (India) was studied through monthly surveys in two consecutive years (January, 2000-December, 2001). Precipitation is the major source of water for this closed basin lake. In addition, ground water is used for replenishing the lake regularly. This alkaline, hyposaline hard water lake contains very high ionic concentrati ...
- Anna Sierosławska; Anna Rymuszka; Tadeusz Skowroński
- Archives of environmental protection 2014 v.40 no.3 pp. 115-121
- Anabaena; Aphanizomenon; Brachionus; Daphnia magna; Microcystis aeruginosa; Planktothrix agardhii; Tetrahymena thermophila; acute toxicity; bioassays; microcystin-LR; neurotoxins
- ... The aim of the study was to determine the toxicity of the extract obtained from the cyanobacterial cells derived from the waters of Zemborzycki dam reservoir with use of a battery of biotests. The taxonomic identiﬁcation of the bloom-forming cyanobacteria revealed high abundance of Aphanizomenon ﬂos-aquae and Dolichospermum spp. (Anabaena spp.) and in a lower degree of Microcystis aeruginosa and P ...