Jump to Main Content
- Susana B. José de Paggi; Melina Devercelli
- Water, air, and soil pollution 2011 v.218 no.1-4 pp. 93-108
- Brachionus; basins; biochemical oxygen demand; buildings; dissolved oxygen; invasive species; lakes; land use; lead; livestock; nutrient content; pH; rivers; rural areas; saline water; species diversity; surface water; temperature; urban areas; urbanization; watersheds
- ... The influence of watershed land use on microzooplankton was examined. Six rivers and a shallow lake located in rural (agriculture, livestock) and urban areas were sampled during 4 weeks at low water, low temperatures and 3 weeks at high water, high temperatures. The major aim of this study was to analyze the composition, richness and abundance of the microzooplankton in relation to land use, takin ...
- Arora, Jyoti; Mehra, N. K.
- Hydrobiologia 2009 v.626 no.1 pp. 27-40
- nutrient content; cations; watersheds; seasonal variation; Microcystis aeruginosa; groundwater; biochemical oxygen demand; zooplankton; interspecific variation; lakes; Mesocyclops; multivariate analysis; surface water; water quality; community structure; species diversity; chemical oxygen demand; Brachionus; silicates; physicochemical properties; environmental factors; rain; nitrates; India
- ... Old Fort Lake, a small (1.6 ha), shallow, and recreational water body in Delhi (India) was studied through monthly surveys in two consecutive years (January, 2000-December, 2001). Precipitation is the major source of water for this closed basin lake. In addition, ground water is used for replenishing the lake regularly. This alkaline, hyposaline hard water lake contains very high ionic concentrati ...