Jump to Main Content
- Branco, Ciro César Zanini, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Revista brasileira de botânica 2016 v.39 no.2 pp. 547-558
- lotic systems; macroalgae; microhabitats; pH; shade; solar radiation; streams; temperature; watersheds; Brazil
- ... Habitat heterogeneity influences the composition and structure of macroalgal communities in lotic environments. However, depending on the spatial scale, different environmental characteristics may exert more or less influence. This study aimed to evaluate, at different spatial scales of observation, the influences of local and regional environmental variables on ecological distribution of macroalg ...
- Branco, Ciro Cesar Zanini, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Cryptogamie 2012 v.33 no.4 pp. 329-337
- Basicladia; freshwater; new species; shell (molluscs); streams; turtles; Brazil
- ... Basicladia emedii sp. nov. is described based on material from six streams in Paraná and Rio Grande do Sul States of Brazil. This is only the second species of Basicladia recorded from South America. The new species is distinguished based on small filaments with short and wide basal cells of upright axes. It is only the second (out of six) species that is only known with an epilithic habit and is ...