Jump to Main Content
- Rizzardini, Gabriella; Fascetti, S.; Pietri, C.; Riga, F.; Cosentino, C.; Freschi, P.
- European journal of wildlife research 2019 v.65 no.3 pp. 43
- Brachypodium sylvaticum; Briza maxima; Daucus carota; Digitaria sanguinalis; Lepus; Trifolium; diet; dry season; feces; feeding preferences; forbs; grasses; habitats; hares; shrubs; species diversity; vegetation; Corsica
- ... In this research, the diet composition and feeding selection of the Italian hare were evaluated and compared in two sites of Haute-Corse region localised in the territories of Tallone and Aleria. The present study is the first considering feeding selection of Lepus corsicanus. The considered period ranged from June to October. Quadrat method was used to assess plant frequency, while diet compositi ...
- Sanz, J.; Bermejo, V.; Muntifering, R.; González-Fernández, I.; Gimeno, B.S.; Elvira, S.; Alonso, R.
- Environmental pollution 2011 v.159 no.2 pp. 423-430
- longevity; nitrogen; phenology; Briza maxima; ozone; biomass production; troposphere; lignin; vegetation
- ... An assessment of the effects of tropospheric ozone (O₃) levels and substrate nitrogen (N) supplementation, singly and in combination, on phenology, growth and nutritive quality of Briza maxima was carried out. Two serial experiments were developed in Open-Top Chambers (OTC) using three O₃ and three N levels. Increased O₃ exposure did not affect the biomass-related parameters, but enhanced senescen ...