Jump to Main Content
- Liliya Georgievaa; Strahil Berkov; Violeta Kondakova; Jaume Bastida; Francesc Viladomat; Atanas Atanassov; Carles Codina
- Zeitschrift für Naturforschung 2014 v.62 no.9-10 pp. 627-635
- Alzheimer disease; Leucojum aestivum; acetylcholinesterase; bulbs; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; lycorine; summer; Bulgaria
- ... Leucojum aestivum (summer snowflake) is a plant species used for the extraction of galanthamine, an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. Extracts from bulbs collected from 18 Bulgarian populations and from shoot-clumps obtained in vitro from 8 different populations showed variations in their alkaloid composition. Nineteen alkaloids were detected in the studied s ...
- Boryanka Traykova; Emil Molle; Marina Stanilova
- In vitro cellular & developmental biology 2022 v.58 no.2 pp. 200-212
- Lilium; acetic acid; aquaculture; biodiversity; bulbs; greenhouses; hydroponics; kinetin; nutrient solutions; peat; perlite; roots; soil; statistics; Bulgaria; Greece
- ... Lilium rhodopaeum Delip. (Liliaceae) is a Balkan endemic, with limited distribution in Bulgaria and Greece, in the Rhodopes Mts. The species is included in the Red Data Book of Bulgaria as critically endangered, and protected by the national Biodiversity Act. The present study aimed to multiply L. rhodopaeum by in vivo or in vitro regeneration of bulblets and to accelerate their growth using soill ...
- Bogdanova, Yuliyana; Stoeva, Tatyana; Yanev, Stanislav; Pandova, Bozhidarka; Molle, Emil; Burrus, Monique; Stanilova, Marina
- In vitro cellular & developmental biology 2009 v.45 no.4 pp. 458-465
- Leucojum aestivum; biosynthesis; bulbs; clones; industry; lycorine; raw materials; shoots; summer; Bulgaria
- ... The investigation deals with in vitro clonal propagation of L. aestivum L. (summer snowflake), a threatened Amaryllidaceae plant species in Bulgaria used in the pharmaceutical industry as raw material for production of galanthamine-based medicines. Plants of known origin and with different alkaloid profile were taken from the living collection of the Institute of Botany, Sofia. Bulbs were used to ...
- PubMed Central: