Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: capac?
- Ralph ET Vanstreels; Nola J Parsons; Cuan McGeorge; Renata Hurtado; Katrin Ludynia; Lauren Waller; Monique Ruthenberg; Arne Purves; Lorien Pichegru; Pierre A Pistorius
- Ostrich 2019 v.90 no.4 pp. 359-372
- Caracal caracal, etc ; Canis lupus; Herpestidae; Panthera pardus; Spheniscus demersus; dogs; endangered species; forensic sciences; necropsy; predation; predator control; predators; seabirds; Southern Africa; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The African Penguin Spheniscus demersus is an endangered seabird endemic to southern Africa, and killing sprees by terrestrial predators have been one of the main threats for its mainland colonies. The methods employed to manage predators may differ depending on the species involved, therefore the implementation of strategies to limit the impacts of predation relies on the correct identification o ...
- Laurel E.K. Serieys; Jacqueline Bishop; Nicola Okes; Joleen Broadfield; Deborah Jean Winterton; Robert H. Poppenga; Storme Viljoen; Robert K. Wayne; M. Justin O'Riain
- Science of the total environment 2019 v.666 pp. 581-590
- Caracal caracal, etc ; Aonyx capensis; Bubo; Genetta tigrina; Herpestidae; Mellivora capensis; anticoagulants; bioaccumulation; biodiversity; blood; forage; habitat destruction; invertebrates; issues and policy; linear models; liver; predators; risk factors; rodenticides; toxicity; trophic levels; vines; vineyards; wildlife; wildlife habitats; South Africa; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... Anticoagulant rodenticides (ARs) are used worldwide to control rodent populations. ARs bioaccumulate across trophic levels and threaten non-target wildlife. We investigated the prevalence of AR exposure in seven predator species in the rapidly developing Greater Cape Town region of South Africa – a mosaic of natural, urban, and agricultural areas within a global biodiversity hotspot. We focused sa ...