Jump to Main Content
- H. Dawn Marshall; Allan J. Baker; Allison R. Grant
- Gene 2013 v.517 pp. 37-45
- Carduelis; Emberiza; NADH dehydrogenase; Paridae; birds; fish; genes; genetic variation; humans; mitochondrial DNA; nucleotide sequences; paraphyly
- ... We describe whole mitochondrial genome sequences from four subspecies of the common chaffinch (Fringilla coelebs), and compare them to 31 publicly available mitochondrial genome sequences from other Passeriformes. Rates and patterns of mitochondrial gene evolution are analyzed at different taxonomic levels within this avian order, and evidence is adduced for and against the nearly neutral theory o ...
- Huabin Zhang; Yuze Bai; Xuejia Shi; Linxia Sun; Zhengfei Wang; Xiaobing Wu
- Genes & genomics 2018 v.40 no.2 pp. 151-165
- Carduelis; Emberiza; Muscicapidae; Paridae; birds; genes; mitochondrial DNA; mitochondrial genome; monophyly; paraphyly; ribosomal RNA; transfer RNA
- ... Passeriformes is the largest group within aves and the phylogenetic relationships between Passeriformes have caused major disagreement in ornithology. Particularly, the phylogenetic relationships between muscicapoidea and sylvioidea are complex, and their taxonomic boundaries have not been clearly defined. Our aim was to study the status of two bird species: Tarsiger cyanurus and Phoenicurus auror ...