Jump to Main Content
- Qin, Xianyan, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Acta physiologiae plantarum 2013 v.35 no.7 pp. 2069-2074
- Carex; Phalaris arundinacea; Polygonum hydropiper; starch; submergence; sugars; survival rate
- ... We investigated the responses of growth and non-structural carbohydrates to submergence and de-submergence in three wetland macrophyte species. Survival rate, recovery ability, and soluble sugar and starch contents of flood-tolerant Polygonum hydropiper and of flood-sensitive Phalaris arundinacea and Carex argyi from Dongting Lake wetlands were investigated after 20, 40, and 60 days of complete su ...
- Qin, Xianyan, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Limnology 2013 v.14 no.1 pp. 71-76
- Carex; Miscanthus sacchariflorus; Polygonum hydropiper; drought; drought tolerance; flooding tolerance; lakes; malondialdehyde; physiological response; proline; wetland plants; China
- ... Both flooding and drought are important in determining plant distribution in wetlands. However, the roles of plant’s physiological response to flooding and drought in accounting for plant distribution are far from clear. To this end, three typical wetland plants with different distribution patterns (high-elevation species Miscanthus sacchariflorus, low-elevation species Carex brevicuspis and Polyg ...