Jump to Main Content
- Baur, J. R.; Bovey, R. W.; Holt, E. C.
- Agronomy journal 1977 v.69 no.5 pp. 846-851
- 2,4-D; Albaqualfs; Cenchrus ciliaris; Cenchrus setiger; Cynodon dactylon; Haplustolls; Panicum coloratum; acetic acid; adverse effects; application rate; glyphosate; grasses; herbicide resistance; hybrids; pasture plants; pastures; pesticide application; picloram; protein content; spring; tebuthiuron
- ... Field studies were conducted to evaluate the effects of spring application of picloram (4-amino-3,5,6-trichloropicolinic acid), tebuthiuron (N-[5-(l,l-dimethylethyl)-l,3, 4-thiadiazol-2-yl] -N,N′-dimethylurea), 2,4-D (isopropyl amine of (2,4-dichlorophenoxy)acetic acid), and glypho- sate (N-[phosphonomethyl]glycine) on five grasses. The grasses were Common and ‘Coastal’ bermudagrass (Cynodon dacty ...
- Overman, A. R.; Sanderson, M. A.; Jones, R. M.
- Agronomy journal 1993 v.85 no.3 pp. 541-545
- interspecific variation; cultivars; mathematical models; forage crops; Panicum coloratum; application rate; soil water content; Cynodon dactylon; arid zones; dry matter accumulation; crop yield; rain; growth models; Eragrostis curvula; Cenchrus ciliaris; nitrogen fertilizers; Texas
- ... Models provide a quantitative means to evaluate yield response of forage grasses to applied N and water availability. The objective of this analysis was to estimate model parameters (A, b, c) for bermu. dagrasses and bunchgrasses grown at the same location and during the same time period. The logistic equation was used to relate annual dry matter production to applied N for three bermudagrasses [C ...