Jump to Main Content
- Xiaodi Hao; Ranbin Liu; Xin Huang
- Water research 2015 v.87 pp. 424-431
- anaerobic digestion; buildings; carbon; chemical oxygen demand; electricity; energy balance; heat pumps; models; sludge; solar collectors; tanks; wastewater; wastewater treatment; water pollution; China
- ... Carbon neutrality is starting to become a hot topic for wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs) all over the world, and carbon neutral operations have emerged in some WWTPs. Although China is still struggling to control its water pollution, carbon neutrality will definitely become a top priority for WWTPs in the near future. In this review, the potential for operating carbon neutral WWTPs in China is ...
- Chan, H.
- Bioresource technology 2010 v.101 no.17 pp. 6859-6867
- air; buildings; business enterprises; chemical oxygen demand; chemical treatment; coal; effluents; fast food restaurants; fertilizers; nitrogen content; oils; phosphorus; recycling; sludge; traps; wastewater treatment; China
- ... Most restaurant operators in Hong Kong run their business in commercial buildings. Many of them fail to meet oil and grease (O & G) limits. The O & G and Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) content of the effluents can be reduced to meet government prescribed standards using a combination of compressed air and chemical treatment in existing two-chamber grease traps. A mean level of 41mg/L and a mean remo ...