Jump to Main Content
- Bao, Fang, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biochemical systematics and ecology 2017 v.70 pp. 222-229
- Lilium; adsorption; chemotypes; cineole; emissions; gas chromatography; headspace analysis; indigenous species; linalool; mass spectrometry; methyl salicylate; odors; China
- ... Floral scents of thirteen Lilium and one Cardiocrinum species native to China were collected by headspace adsorption during day and night periods and analyzed by gas chromatography and mass spectrometry. There was a positive correlation between volatile emissions and scent intensities. The scented and light-scented Lilium species emitted greater amounts of volatiles at night, and their predominant ...
- Bao, Fang, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Soil biology & biochemistry 2010 v.42 no.12 pp. 2339-2341
- deserts; steppes; desert soils; temperate soils; soil respiration; autotrophs; heterotrophs; soil ecology; climate change; root systems; accuracy; China
- ... Accurately partitioning soil respiration into autotrophic and heterotrophic components is important for understanding how ecosystem carbon budgets will respond to climate change. Usually, heterotrophic respiration can be estimated by a linear relationship between soil respiration and root biomass. In this study, however, we found that an exponential relationship was more appropriate than a linear ...