Jump to Main Content
- Jian, Huimin, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Ecological indicators 2016 v.70 pp. 373-381
- absorption; algae; biomass; case studies; chlorophyll; data collection; dissolved inorganic nitrogen; estuaries; metabolism; models; nitrogen; nutrients; osmotic pressure; phosphates; phosphorus; salinity; China
- ... This paper presents an initial inquiry into model-based numeric nitrogen and phosphorus criteria for estuaries based on stressor-response models between nutrients and algal biomass (Chl-a concentration) and further studies the effect of salinity (S) on nutrient criteria. Field data collection and associated indoor modeling were conducted in Daliaohe Estuary. Dissolved inorganic nitrogen (DIN), tot ...
- Jian, Huimin, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Marine pollution bulletin 2017 v.119 no.1 pp. 381-389
- sediments; risk; copper; iron oxides; lead; arsenic; mercury; zinc; cadmium; regression analysis; risk assessment; pollution; nickel; industrialization; toxicity; chromium; urbanization; Yellow Sea; China
- ... The Bohai Sea (BS) and Yellow Sea (YS), which are adjacent to the most urbanized and industrialized areas in China, are facing a variety of environmental problems. Two cruises were conducted to investigate the pollution status of toxic metals in BS and YS sediments. They generally presented a decreasing trend from near shore to offshore. In addition, two high concentration areas were observed in t ...