Jump to Main Content
- Jackson, Micha V., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Diversity & distributions 2018 v.24 no.2 pp. 137-143
- biodiversity; biodiversity conservation; climate change; ecological value; ecosystems; environmental impact; infrastructure; littoral zone; wetlands; China; Yellow Sea
- ... Coastal armouring and the reclamation of intertidal areas through the use of seawalls and other artificial structures has been practiced for thousands of years, but its recent expansion in China and elsewhere in Asia has been unprecedented in its rate and intensity. One result has been the recent loss of nearly two‐thirds of tidal flats in the Yellow Sea, a globally unique ecosystem of high ecolog ...
- Jackson, Micha V., et al. Show all 17 Authors
- Biological conservation 2019 v.234 pp. 64-71
- Calidris alpina; Calidris tenuirostris; birds; conservation areas; estuaries; experts; habitats; home range; interviews; literature; migratory behavior; satellites; China
- ... Protected areas (PAs) are a cornerstone of modern conservation. For PAs that are established to conserve mobile species, it is important to cover all the key areas regularly used by these species. However, zonation and boundaries of PAs have often been established with limited knowledge of animal movements, leaving the effectiveness of some PAs doubtful. We used radio tracking data to evaluate the ...