Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Ruci, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.661 pp. 422-431
- case studies; cities; cropland; issues and policy; land cover; models; monitoring; urbanization; China
- ... China is undergoing rapid urbanization, which has brought great pressure on croplands throughout the country, especially in fast developing cities, such as Hangzhou. In this study, an attempt was made to monitor and model the cropland dynamics of Hangzhou from 1990 to 2035. The spatial-temporal changes in the cropland were discussed based on the land cover maps along with urban-rural gradient anal ...
- Wang, Ruci, et al. Show all 2 Author
- ISPRS international journal of geo-information 2017 v.6 no.5
- Markov chain; cropland; developing countries; geographic information systems; land use; land use and land cover maps; remote sensing; simulation models; social problems; urban areas; urban planning; urbanization; China
- ... In recent years, urban areas have been expanding rapidly in the world, especially in developing countries. With this rapid urban growth, several environmental and social problems have appeared. Better understanding of land use and land cover (LULC) change will facilitate urban planning and constrain these potential problems. As one of the four municipalities in China, Tianjin has experienced rapid ...