Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Zheng-Wen, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.654 pp. 960-968
- alpine grasslands; environmental factors; functional diversity; genes; genetic markers; microbial communities; soil microorganisms; species diversity; surveys; China
- ... There is considerable debate regarding how the taxonomic diversity of microbial communities relates to the functional diversity across space while similar questions have been explored in macro-organism communities. Here, we investigated the taxonomic and functional diversity patterns of soil microbial communities by coupling the data obtained from marker genes sequencing and functional gene survey ...
- Wang, Zheng‐Wen, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Functional ecology 2018 v.32 no.1 pp. 203-213
- Caragana; Salsola; carbon nitrogen ratio; data collection; field experimentation; grasses; leaves; meta-analysis; nitrogen; nitrogen content; nitrogen fixation; nutrient uptake; shrubs; soil; soil fertility; soil nutrients; soil organic carbon; stable isotopes; steppes; China
- ... Combining nutrient dynamics (plant nutrient uptake and soil fertility) can help uncover mechanisms of shrub–grass interactions and assess the validity of the stress‐gradient hypothesis, which predicts that facilitation between plants increases in stressful environments. However, how facilitation via shrub‐mediated nutrient increases varies with precipitation is poorly resolved. We first synthesize ...