Jump to Main Content
- Yao, Xiaoyou, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Catena 2018 v.165 pp. 465-472
- Universal Soil Loss Equation; kriging; prediction; soil erosion; surveys; topographic maps; China
- ... The Universal Soil Loss Equation (USLE) is an empirical equation commonly applied to predict soil erosion throughout the world. In China, the Chinese Soil Loss Equation (CSLE) has been developed for estimating annual soil erosion by water on the basis of the USLE. It is proven that two factors (i.e., sampling density and extrapolation method) are important in the application of CSLE for soil erosi ...
- Yao, Xiaoyou, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Catena 2013 v.101 pp. 92-98
- anthropogenic activities; ecosystem engineering; geographic information systems; remote sensing; soil; topography; vegetation; water erosion; water quality; China
- ... Soil erosion reduces crop productivity and creates negative impacts on water quality. Soil erosion by water has become a problem worldwide and as concerns about the environment continue to grow, soil erosion remains a very active area of scientific research. In this study, based on advanced remote sensing and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) technologies, the influences of precipitation, soil, ...