Jump to Main Content
- Costa, Rejane H.R., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2013 v.147 pp. 562-568
- Chlamydomonas; aeration; ammonia; chemical oxygen demand; denitrification; filters; landfills; nitrification; nitrogen; nitrogen balance; nitrogen content; ponds; volatilization; waste lagoons
- ... The treatment performance and nitrogen mass balance of a pilot-scale landfill leachate treatment system was evaluated. The system was comprised of a series of three ponds and a rock filter and was fed a continuous flow (200Ld−1) during 111weeks. Three different operational conditions were investigated: conventional operation (stage I), aeration (stage II) and aeration/recirculation (stage III). Th ...
- Costa, Rejane H.R., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Waste management 2013 v.33 pp. 2123-2128
- Chlamydomonas; Cryptomonas; Planctomycetales; Pseudomonas; Verrucomicrobiales; chlorophyll; fluorescence in situ hybridization; landfill leachates; microscopy; phylogeny; physicochemical properties; phytoplankton; polymerase chain reaction; ponds; spatial variation; sulfate-reducing bacteria; temporal variation; waste lagoons; waste management
- ... The present study describes the behavior of spatio-temporal variation of parameters and microbial profile of a pilot stabilization ponds system, consisted of three serial ponds, for the treatment of landfill leachate. Bacterial diversity was determined through molecular techniques (FISH, PCR and phylogenic analysis), while the phytoplankton community was evaluated through optical microscopy and qu ...