Jump to Main Content
- Cho, Sunja; Luong, Thanh Thao; Lee, Dukhaeng; Oh, You-Kwan; Lee, Taeho
- Bioresource technology 2011 v.102 no.18 pp. 8639-8645
- public water supply, etc ; Chlorella; Protozoa; bacteria; biomass; effluents; filters; filtration; lipids; microalgae; plant cultural practices; ultraviolet radiation; wastewater treatment; water reuse; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... This study assessed the usability of effluent water discharged from a secondary municipal wastewater treatment plant for mass cultivation of microalgae for biofuel production. It was observed that bacteria and protozoa in the effluent water exerted a negative impact on the growth of Chlorella sp. 227. To reduce the effect, filtration or UV-radiation were applied on the effluent water as pre-treatm ...
- Ji, Xiyan; Li, Huimin; Zhang, Jibiao; Saiyin, Hexige; Zheng, Zheng
- Journal of hazardous materials 2019 v.365 pp. 483-493
- public water supply, etc ; Chlorella; DNA methylation; ammonium; chemical oxygen demand; municipal wastewater; nuclear genome; organic matter; orthophosphates; phosphorus; pollution control; stress tolerance; total nitrogen; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... In this study, the effects of nutrient and dissolved organic matter removal, stress resistance (DNA methylation), and the algae-bacteria dynamic ratio of algal-bacterial consortia in actual municipal wastewater were investigated. Results indicate that the presence of a Chlorella vulgaris-Bacillus licheniformis consortium had profound effects. The removal rates of total nitrogen, ammonium, orthopho ...