Jump to Main Content
- Deamici, Kricelle Mosquera, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.276 pp. 103-109
- Chlorella; biomass; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide fixation; growth models; magnetic fields; microalgae; protein content
- ... This study aimed to use different conditions of magnetic field (MF) application during Chlorella fusca cultivation and evaluate CO2 biofixation by the microalga through growth kinetics in addition to the biomass composition. For this purpose, we tested different MF intensities applied for 1 h d−1 and for 24 h. Cultures exposed to the MF for 1 h d−1 (in both intensities) had greater biomass concent ...
- Deamici, Kricelle Mosquera, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Process biochemistry 2016 v.51 no.7 pp. 912-916
- Chlorella; algae culture; bioactive properties; biofuels; biomass; carbohydrate content; ferrimagnetic materials; lipid content; magnetic fields; metabolism; methodology
- ... Static magnetic fields (SMF) are being studied in microorganism cultures and there are reports that it could accelerate growth or cause changes in metabolism. Thus, this study aims to evaluating the influence of SMF on growth and biomass composition obtained in culture of Chlorella fusca LEB 111 in vertical tubular photobioreactor (VTP). SMF of 30 and 60mT was generated by ferrite magnets and appl ...