Jump to Main Content
- Heinz, K.M.; Nunney, L.; Parrella, M.P.
- Environmental entomology 1993 v.22 no.6 pp. 1217-1233
- Diglyphus begini, etc ; Chrysanthemum; Liriomyza trifolii; parasitoids; biological control agents; simulation models; computer techniques; Show all 7 Subjects
- ... Implementation of augmentative biological control is often hindered by the inability to obtain accurate information on natural enemy release rates that will ultimately yield a salable crop within economic constraints. The purpose of this study was to develop and evaluate a computer model that attempts to predict augmentative releases of the parasitoid Diglyphus begini (Ashmead) (Hymenoptera: Eulop ...
- Heinz, Kevin M.; Parrella, Michael P.
- Entomologia experimentalis et applicata 1989 v.53 no.2 pp. 147-156
- Diglyphus begini, etc ; Chrysanthemum; Liriomyza trifolii; adults; animal organs; bites and stings; body size; eggs; females; hosts; larvae; leafminers; oviposition; ovipositor; paralysis; parasitoids; progeny; reproductive success; survival rate; wasps; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Diglyphus begini (Ashmead) (Hymenoptera: Eulophidae) is a larval ectoparasitoid of the leafminer, Liriomyza trifolii (Burgess) (Diptera: Agromyzidae). Female wasps oviposit on larvae which are significantly larger than larvae utilized for host feeding or hosts rejected for oviposition or feeding. Host size is evaluated on a relative rather than absolute basis. Individual female reproductive succes ...