Jump to Main Content
- Son, EunSuk; Kim, YoungOck; Park, ChunGeon; Park, KyungHun; Jeong, SungHwan; Park, Jeong-Woong; Kim, Se-Hee
- BMC complementary and alternative medicine 2017 v.17 no.1 pp. 486
- Coix lacryma-jobi; Western blotting; alternative medicine; anaerobic conditions; antineoplastic activity; apoptosis; cell movement; cell proliferation; colorectal neoplasms; crops; deferoxamine; herbal medicines; human umbilical vein endothelial cells; humans; hypoxia; mitogen-activated protein kinase; neoplasm cells; non-specific serine/threonine protein kinase; patients; China
- ... BACKGROUND: Coix lacryma-jobi var. ma-yuen (Rom.Caill.) Stapf has been used in China as an herbal medicine. Many studies of this plant have reported anti-proliferative and apoptotic activities on human cancer cell lines. Therefore, this study of the anti-metastatic effect of Coix lacryma-jobi var. ma-yuen Stapf sprout extract (CLSE) in colorectal cancer cells may provide a scientific basis for exp ...
- PubMed Central:
- Lu, Xiangyi; Liu, Wei; Wu, Junhua; Li, Mengxian; Wang, Juncheng; Wu, Jihui; Luo, Cheng
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2013 v.430 pp. 846-851
- Coix lacryma-jobi; DNA; Western blotting; apoptosis; caspase-3; caspase-9; cell cycle; cell proliferation; dose response; ethanol; flow cytometry; gel electrophoresis; humans; lung neoplasms; membrane potential; mitochondrial membrane; nutritive value; polysaccharides; proteins; scanning electron microscopy; seed extracts; therapeutics; China
- ... Different seed extracts from Coix lachryma-jobi (adlay seed) have been used for the treatment of various cancers in China, and clinical data support the use of these extracts for cancer therapy; however, their underlying molecular mechanisms have not been well defined. A polysaccharide fraction, designated as CP-1, was extracted from the C.lachryma-jobi L. var. using the ethanol subsiding method. ...