Jump to Main Content
- Bhat, K.M.; Thulasidas, P.K.; Florence, E.J.M.; Jayaraman, K.
- Trees 2005 v.19 no.6 pp. 654-660
- decay resistance, etc ; Tectona grandis; wood; decay fungi; Polyporus; Gloeophyllum trabeum; heartwood; small businesses; home gardens; agroforestry; trees; analysis of variance; Pycnoporus sanguineus; Coriolus hirsutus; Coriolus versicolor; wood extractives; color; wet environmental conditions; dry environmental conditions; forest plantations; India; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Natural decay resistance of teak wood grown in home-garden forestry and the factors influencing decay resistance were determined in comparison with that of a typical forest plantation. Accelerated laboratory tests were conducted on 1800 wood samples drawn from 15 trees of three planted sites. Analysis of variance based on a univariate mixed model showed that planted site, fungal species, and their ...
- Yalinkilic, M. Kemal; Su, W. -Y.; Imamyra, Y.; Takahashi, Munezoh; Demirci, Z.; Yallnkilic, A. C.
- European journal of wood and wood products 1998 v.56 no.5 pp. 347-353
- decay resistance, etc ; Coriolus versicolor; Pinus radiata; boric acid; boron; brown-rot fungi; coatings; dicyandiamide; leaching; melamine; microscopy; phosphoric acid; plywood; weathering; white-rot fungi; wood; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Boron effect on decay resistance of some fire-retardant coatings applied on plywood surface was studied. Boric acid (B) was mixed into aqueous trimethylol melamine (TM) solution to increase the fixation in wood. To reveal the decay resistance of boric acid-added formulations, coatings were applied over radiata pine plywood surface as 100 g/m² amounts. Phosphoric acid (P) and dicyandiamide (D) were ...