Jump to Main Content
- Brewer Michael J.; Armstrong J. Scott; Parker Roy D.
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.3 pp. 1310-1316
- Creontiades; Gossypium hirsutum; bolls; cotton; cultivars; insects; models; pest monitoring; plant damage; plant response; regression analysis; Texas
- ... The ability to monitor verde plant bug, Creontiades signatus Distant (Hemiptera: Miridae), and the progression of cotton, Gossypium hirsutum L., boll responses to feeding and associated cotton boll rot provided opportunity to assess if single in-season measurements had value in evaluating at-harvest damage to bolls and if multiple in-season measurements enhanced their combined use. One in-season v ...
- Richard V. Sequeira
- Bulletin of entomological research 2019 v.109 no.5 pp. 561-573
- Bacillus thuringiensis; Creontiades dilutus; Gossypium hirsutum; cotton; cotton industry; economic threshold; environmental factors; fruits; gender; growing season; guidelines; host plants; insect pests; integrated pest management; models; plant protection; surveys; transgenic plants; Australia
- ... Creontiades dilutus (green mirid) and C. pacificus (brown mirid) are major hemipteran pests of transgenic (Bt) cotton in Australia. Current integrated pest management (IPM) guidelines for mirids in Australian cotton, based on economic thresholds and sampling recommendations, were developed and disseminated to industry at the start of the 2005–06 growing season and have remained largely unchanged s ...