Jump to Main Content
- Mori, Dylan I., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Industrial & engineering chemistry process design and development 2018 v.57 no.47 pp. 16012-16020
- DCB (herbicide); ceramics; chemical hazards; coatings; decontamination; gels; ionic liquids; liquids; molecular weight; physical properties; polymerization; process design; toxicity; vapors; wood
- ... A peelable gel coating based on a curable ammonium-alcohol ionic liquid (IL) prepolymer has been developed for the decontamination of toxic industrial chemicals (TICs) from porous substrates. The physical properties of these coatings can be tuned by controlling the prepolymer molecular weight (prepared by RAFT polymerization) and by altering the formulation of the initial coating mixture. The init ...
- Mori, Dylan
I., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2016 v.55 no.22 pp. 6547-6550
- DCB (herbicide); ambient temperature; coatings; crosslinking; decontamination; engineering; ionic liquids; liquids; mechanical properties; polychlorinated biphenyls; polymerization; rubber; sorption; steel; toxicity; vapors
- ... A curable, imidazolium-based room-temperature ionic liquid (RTIL) coating system has been developed for the containment and decontamination of toxic industrial chemical-contacted surfaces. The curing times and mechanical properties of this poly(RTIL)/RTIL platform, which is based on alcohol–isocyanate step-growth polymerization chemistry, can be tuned by modifying the structures of the step-growth ...