Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Yan-Qi, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Antonie van Leeuwenhoek 2010 v.98 no.3 pp. 395-401
- DNA; bacteria; fatty acids; forest soils; mannose; nucleotide sequences; pH; peptidoglycans; phylogeny; potassium chloride; ribosomal RNA; sodium chloride; xylose; China
- ... A novel Gram-stain-positive, slightly halophilic, facultatively alkaliphilic, non-motile, non-sporulating, catalase-positive, oxidase-negative, aerobic bacterium, designated strain JSM 070026T, was isolated from non-saline forest soil in China. Growth occurred with 0-20% (w/v) NaCl (optimum, 2-4%) and at pH 6.0-10.5 (optimum, pH 8.0) and 5-40°C (optimum, 30°C). Good growth also occurred in the pre ...
- Liu, Yan-Qi, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Antonie van Leeuwenhoek 2009 v.96 no.3 pp. 323-329
- DNA; Virgibacillus; bacteria; fatty acids; islands; nucleotide sequences; pH; peptidoglycans; phylogeny; ribosomal RNA; saline soils; salts; sequence analysis; South China Sea
- ... A Gram-positive, moderately halophilic, endospore-forming, catalase- and oxidase-positive, motile, rod-shaped, aerobic bacterium, designated strain JSM 089168T, was isolated from saline soil collected from Naozhou Island, Leizhou Bay, South China Sea. The organism was able to grow with 2-25% (w/v) total salts (optimum, 5-10%), at pH 6.0-10.0 (optimum, pH 8.0) and 10-45°C (optimum, 30°C). meso-Diam ...