Jump to Main Content
- Zuo, Xiaobing, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2017 v.139 no.40 pp. 14025-14028
- DNA; biomimetic materials; nanosheets; nanowires; peptides; periodicity; physical properties
- ... We describe the co-assembly of two different building units: collagen-mimetic peptides and DNA origami. Two peptides CP⁺⁺ and sCP⁺⁺ are designed with a sequence comprising a central block (Pro-Hyp-Gly) and two positively charged domains (Pro-Arg-Gly) at both N- and C-termini. Co-assembly of peptides and DNA origami two-layer (TL) nanosheets affords the formation of one-dimensional nanowires with r ...
- Zuo, Xiaobing, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2014 v.111 no.41 pp. 14675-14680
- DNA; Escherichia coli; bacteriophages; capsid; genome; humans; virus replication
- ... Releasing the packaged viral DNA into the host cell is an essential process to initiate viral infection. In many double-stranded DNA bacterial viruses and herpesviruses, the tightly packaged genome is hexagonally ordered and stressed in the protein shell, called the capsid. DNA condensed in this state inside viral capsids has been shown to be trapped in a glassy state, with restricted molecular mo ...
- PubMed Central:
- Zuo, Xiaobing, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of Molecular Biology 2013 v.425 pp. 4820-4836
- DNA; DNA replication; DNA-directed DNA polymerase; Sulfolobus solfataricus; X-radiation; adenosine triphosphate; dissociation; energy transfer; fluorescence; hydrolysis; models; proliferating cell nuclear antigen
- ... The assembly and enzymatic ability of the replication DNA polymerase holoenzyme from Sulfolobus solfataricus (Sso) was investigated using presteady-state fluorescence resonance energy transfer assays coupled with functional and structural studies. Kinetic experiments reveal that ATP binding to replication factor C (RFC) is sufficient for loading the heterotrimeric PCNA123 [proliferating cell nucle ...