Jump to Main Content
- Canto-Canché, Blondy, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Electronic Journal of Biotechnology 2014 v.17 pp. 137-147
- germplasm; biosynthesis; fruits; haplotypes; ancestry; DNA; phylogeny; starch; Musa; biotechnology; glucose-1-phosphate adenylyltransferase; amino acids; exons; bananas; genetic markers; single nucleotide polymorphism
- ... ADP-glucose pyrophosphorylase (AGPase) is a rate-limiting enzyme catalyzing the first step in the starch biosynthesis pathway in higher plants. To date, there are no reported variants or isoforms of the AGPase enzyme in bananas (Musa spp. family Musaceae) as is the case of other plants. In this study, genomic DNA sequences homologous to the gene encoding one of the large subunits of the enzyme wer ...
- CANTO-CANCHÉ, BLONDY B., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Molecular plant pathology 2007 v.8 no.1 pp. 111-120
- Mycosphaerella graminicola; loci; evolution; DNA primers; DNA; polymerase chain reaction; foliar diseases; Mycosphaerella fijiensis; bananas; introns
- ... Idiomorphs mat1-1 and mat1-2 from Mycosphaerella fijiensis, the causal agent of black leaf streak disease of banana, were isolated. Degenerate oligos were used to amplify the HMG box of the mat1-2 idiomorph from M. fijiensis, showing homology with the HMG box of Mycosphaerella graminicola. Using a DNA walking strategy, anchored on the DNA lyase gene towards the HMG box, a 9-kb-long region of mat1- ...