Jump to Main Content
- Cionini, G., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Genome 1996 v.39 no.2 pp. 266-271
- Agave fourcroydes; Agave sisalana; Agave tequilana; Agave angustifolia; DNA; diploidy; polyploidy; chromatin; heterochromatin; thermal degradation; genome
- ... Nuclear DNA content, chromatin structure, and DNA composition were investigated in four Agave species: two diploid, Agave tequilana Weber and Agave angustifolia Haworth var. marginata Hort., and two pentaploid, Agave fourcroydes Lemaire and Agave sisalana Perrine. It was determined that the genome size of pentaploid species is nearly 2.5 times that of diploid ones. Cytophotometric analyses of chro ...
- Cionini, G., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Theoretical and applied genetics 1995 v.91 no.3 pp. 395-400
- Helianthus annuus; heterochromatin; cotyledons; regeneration; DNA; ribosomal DNA; genetic variation; repetitive sequences; explants
- ... Plant regeneration from cotyledons of seeds of a single progeny of a pure line of Helianthus annuus was studied in respect of the nuclear DNA contents of control and regenerated plants. Control plants were divided into two groups: those developed from seeds at the periphery of the inflorescence (showing a high basic 4C DNA content) and those from seeds developed in the middle of the inflorescence ...