Jump to Main Content
- Hung, Chia-Cheng, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Electrophoresis 2009 v.30 no.2 pp. 410-416
- DNA; DNA methylation; cost effectiveness; digestion; electrophoresis; epigenetics; genes; genomic islands; polymerase chain reaction; restriction endonucleases
- ... In this article, we show that methylation-specific multiplex PCR (MS-multiplex PCR) is a sensitive and specific single assay for detecting CpG methylation status as well as copy number aberrations. We used MS-multiplex PCR to simultaneously amplify three sequences: the 3' ends of the SNRPN gene (for unmethylated sequences), the KRITI gene (as internal control), and the promoter of the SNRPN gene c ...
- Hung, Chia-Cheng, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Electrophoresis 2007 v.28 no.16 pp. 2826-2834
- DNA; Down syndrome; electrophoresis; gene dosage; gene overexpression; genes; point mutation; polymerase chain reaction; rapid methods; trisomics
- ... Many genetic diseases are caused by the presence of point mutations, small insertions, and deletions in respective genes, and the number of diseases known to be caused by deletions and duplications involving large DNA genomes is increasing. These changes lead to underexpression or overexpression of the gene, according to changes in gene dosage. The methods for the detection of point mutations, sma ...