Jump to Main Content
- Podgornaya, Olga I., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Chromosome research 2016 v.24 no.3 pp. 309-323
- DNA; chromocenters; clones; databases; fluorescence in situ hybridization; genome; heterochromatin; humans; interphase; metaphase; mice; molecular cloning; open reading frames; protein content; satellite DNA; satellites; sequence analysis; sex chromosomes
- ... Chromocenters are interphase nuclear landmark structures of constitutive heterochromatin. The tandem repeat (TR)-enriched parts of different chromosomes cluster together in chromocenters. There has been progress in recent years in determining the protein content of chromocenters, although it is not clear which DNA sequences underly constitutive heterochromatin apart from the TRs. The aim of the cu ...
- Podgornaya, Olga I., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- European journal of biochemistry 2000 v.267 no.8 pp. 2362-2371
- DNA; DNA-directed RNA polymerase; antibodies; binding properties; binding proteins; binding sites; cytoplasm; fluorescent antibody technique; humans; molecular weight; oligonucleotides; somatic cells
- ... An AluâDNA repeatâbinding protein with a molecular mass of 68âkDa (p68) is identified in the somatic human cell nucleoplasm. Gel mobility shift assay (GMSA), Southâwestern blotting and affinity purification on DNA attached to the carrier were used in the identification. GMSA revealed multiple complexes with the exponential dependence of their relative mobility. A narrow binding site of the ...