Jump to Main Content
- Silvestro, Daniele, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of biogeography 2018 v.45 no.6 pp. 1223-1230
- Bayesian theory; DNA; biogeography; ecology; fossils; models; space and time
- ... Linking pattern to process across spatial and temporal scales has been a key goal of the field of biogeography. In January 2017, the 8th biennial conference of the International Biogeography Society sponsored a symposium on Building up biogeography—process to pattern that aimed to review progress towards this goal. Here we present a summary of the symposium, in which we identified promising areas ...
- Silvestro, Daniele, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- The new phytologist 2017 v.215 no.2 pp. 891-905
- DNA; Orchidaceae; ancestry; biogeography; data collection; epiphytes; flora; mountains; nucleotide sequences; phylogeny; species diversity; Andes region; Central America; South America
- ... The Andean mountains of South America are the most species‐rich biodiversity hotspot worldwide with c. 15% of the world's plant species, in only 1% of the world's land surface. Orchids are a key element of the Andean flora, and one of the most prominent components of the Neotropical epiphyte diversity, yet very little is known about their origin and diversification. We address this knowledge gap b ...
- PubMed Central: