Jump to Main Content
- Wei, Guangcheng, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Biomacromolecules 2015 v.16 no.12 pp. 4004-4012
- DNA; biocompatibility; bromides; cationic surfactants; coagulation; drugs; nanospheres; pharmacokinetics
- ... Here we construct for the first time ordered surfactant–DNA hybrid nanospheres of double-strand (ds) DNA and cationic surfactants with magnetic counterion, [FeCl₃Br]⁻. The specificity of the magnetic cationic surfactants that can compact DNA at high concentrations makes it possible for building ordered nanospheres through aggregation, fusion, and coagulation. Cationic surfactants with conventional ...
- Wei, Guangcheng, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2014 v.6 no.17 pp. 14919-14922
- DNA; chemical elements; coordination compounds; crystals; engineering; geometry; metal ions
- ... Here we develop a synthetic protocol for assembling DNA with participating metal ions into multiple shapes. DNA molecules first form coordination complexes with metal ions and these coordination complexes become nucleation sites for primary crystals of metal inorganic salt, and then elementary units of space-filling architectures based on specific geometry form, and finally elementary units assemb ...