Jump to Main Content
- Falfushynska, Halina; Horyn, Oksana; Fedoruk, Olga; Khoma, Vira; Rzymski, Piotr
- Environmental pollution 2019 v.255
- Carassius gibelio; DNA fragmentation; antioxidants; autophagy; biomarkers; brain; caspase-3; catalase; cathepsin D; cholinesterase; cytotoxicity; dams (hydrology); ecosystems; enzyme activity; erythrocytes; fish; hepatocytes; liver; long term effects; males; oxidative stress; superoxide dismutase; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; vitellogenin; water power; Ukraine
- ... However the physiological stress in aquatic organisms associated with hydropower plants (HPP) ecosystems has been previously investigated, no studies have so far assessed it on biochemical level. Therefore this study evaluated an oxidative stress and toxicity in the gibel carp Carassius auratus gibelio associated with a small-scale HPP in the West Ukraine. A battery of liver, brain and blood marke ...
- Li, Pei; Liu, Luming; Zhou, Guoyu; Tian, Zhiyuan; Luo, Chen; Xia, Tao; Chen, Jingwen; Niu, Qiang; Dong, Lixin; Zhao, Qian; Wang, Aiguo; Zhang, Shun
- The Science of the total environment 2018 v.645 pp. 363-371
- DNA fragmentation; apoptosis; autophagy; blood serum; brain; caspase-12; caspase-3; endoplasmic reticulum; epithelial cells; females; fetus; flame retardants; gene expression regulation; infants; laboratory animals; mechanism of action; neurotoxicity; progeny; rats; triiodothyronine; unfolded protein response; weaning
- ... Brominated flame retardant 2,2′,4,4′‑tetrabromodiphenyl ether (PBDE-47) is known to induce developmental neurotoxicity by disturbing thyroid hormones (THs). Evidence shows that maternal THs are crucial for brain development and growth of fetuses and infants. However, little is known about the effects of PBDE-47 on maternal thyroid status and its mode of action. Here, using female Sprague-Dawley ra ...