Jump to Main Content
- Ghosh, Debidas, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Environmental toxicology 2012 v.27 no.6 pp. 342-350
- DNA damage; DNA fragmentation; alanine transaminase; apoptosis; arsenic; bilirubin; carcinogenesis; carcinogenicity; catalase; free radicals; hyperkeratosis; immunocompetence; leukocytes; lymphocyte count; malondialdehyde; mutagenesis; pigmentation; thiols; uric acid; villages; India
- ... Arsenic is an environmental toxicant, free‐radical generator, carcinogenic agent, and aging promoter. Recently, blood samples were analyzed from individuals (control‐ male 12, female 13; arsenic‐exposed‐ male 16, female 14; and exposed to ≥100 μg/L As, ≥10 y) with dermatological symptoms in few affected villages in Eastern India to unravel their hematopoietic, metabolic, and antioxidant profiles. ...
- Ghosh, Debidas, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Biological trace element research 2011 v.142 no.2 pp. 200-212
- DNA fragmentation; Moringa oleifera; alanine transaminase; albino; antioxidant activity; arsenic; aspartate transaminase; body weight; catalase; cholesterol; drinking water; high density lipoprotein; lipid peroxidation; liver; liver function; low density lipoprotein; malondialdehyde; oxidative stress; phytotherapy; rats; reactive oxygen species; sodium arsenite; subchronic exposure; superoxide dismutase; toxicity; triacylglycerols
- ... In an attempt to develop new herbal therapy, an aqueous extract of the seed of Moringa oleifera was used to screen the effect on arsenic-induced hepatic toxicity in female rat of Wistar strain. Subchronic exposure to sodium arsenite (0.4 ppm/100 g body weight/day via drinking water for a period of 24 days) significantly increased activities of hepatic and lipid function markers such as alanine tra ...