Jump to Main Content
- Lin, Wei-Yong, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2012 v.60 no.10 pp. 2753-2757
- Drosophila; Malpighian tubules; calcium oxalate; citrates; crystals; foods; humans; ingestion; longevity; melamine; models; polarized light; potassium
- ... Melamine-tainted food can induce renal stones in both humans and animals. We have previously reported a novel Drosophila model for the study of renal stone disease. In addition to hyperoxaluria-causing agents, we also tested herein the effect of melamine on crystal formation in Drosophila. The results indicate that administration of melamine alone caused crystal formation in a dose-dependent manne ...
- Lin, Wei-Yong, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Phytomedicine 2017 v.26 pp. 37-44
- Cistanche tubulosa; Drosophila; Oriental traditional medicine; cognition; gene expression regulation; genes; glutamic acid; human health; hydrogen peroxide; kidneys; longevity; memory; oxidative stress; paraquat; phenotype; signal transduction; starvation
- ... Background: The aging process, including physical dysfunction and age-related memory impairment (AMI), are considered to be correlated with cumulative oxidative damages and insulin/IGF-1 signaling pathway.Purpose: The present study was to elucidate the in vivo effects on delaying aging and ameliorating AMI and underlying molecular mechanisms of Cistanche tubulosa (CT), a herb used in traditional C ...