Jump to Main Content
- Zhu, Mingliang, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2018 v.640-641 pp. 232-242
- Copepoda; carnivores; herbivores; marine environment; oceans; omnivores; oxidation; pellets; plastics; polyesters; polymerization; risk assessment; zooplankton; East China Sea
- ... The ubiquitous presence and persistence of microplastics (MPs) in aquatic environments have become of particular concern in recent years. Biological interactions are among the key processes that affect the impact and fate of MPs in the oceans. Zooplankton is one of the most sensitive taxa because their prey is approximately the same size as MPs. However, the status of MPs in zooplankton within nat ...
- Zhu, Mingliang, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Marine & freshwater research 2017 v.68 no.1 pp. 106-115
- Bacillariophyceae; Ceratium; Chaetoceros; Coscinodiscus; Skeletonema; autumn; biomass; carbon; equations; marine science; phytoplankton; spring; summer; China; East China Sea; Yellow Sea
- ... The relationship between carbon biomass and cell abundance in net phytoplankton was determined to improve standing stock research in marine ecology. Based on samples from six cruises in the Yellow Sea and the East China Sea, significant regression equations for all net phytoplankton cells, diatoms, dinoflagellates and each dominant genus were obtained. The relationships could be described by the e ...