Jump to Main Content
- Deng, Kaiqiang, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Climate dynamics 2019 v.53 no.3-4 pp. 1527-1546
- Earth system science; El Nino; autumn; climate; cooling; heat; models; prediction; spring; summer; uncertainty; wind direction; winter
- ... Westerly wind bursts play an important role in the development of El Niño-Southern Oscillation (ENSO) events. However, the impact of easterly wind bursts (EWBs) on the development of ENSO is still unclear. In particular, a series of strong EWBs in the summer of 2014 aroused arguments about their importance in suppressing the potential warming in the summer. In this study, we conduct a series of se ...
- Deng, Kaiqiang, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Climate dynamics 2016 v.47 no.12 pp. 4031-4049
- El Nino; asymmetry; covariance; monitoring; variance
- ... This study reinspects the dominant modes of different types of El Niño from the perspectives of monthly mean and seasonality using a combined technique referred as RC-REOF. Several features have been revealed. (1) The explained variances of eastern Pacific (EP) El Niño and central Pacific (CP) El Niño are comparable, in the ranges of 33–43 and 23–28 %, respectively. (2) This feature is more in lin ...